The idea of exchanging vows in an exotic locale is still new to a big portion of the public eye, so we’re breaking down five things you may not know about the ever-growing trend of destination weddings.
1. Destination weddings make up nearly a quarter of all weddings.
That’s right – more and more couples are opting to say their “I do’s” with their toes in the sand or on top of a mountain, and they want their friends and family standing with them on their big day. The trend is growing and looks like it will be here to stay, so pack your bags and enjoy the (plane) ride!
2. It’s not just about the beach.
When you think ‘destination wedding,’ you probably envision palm trees and white-sand beaches, but there are other venues out there that play host to fairytale ceremonies; from castles in Ireland to vineyards in Tuscany and even the mountain ranges of New Zealand, not much is off limits when it comes to the perfect wedding venue.
3. The average destination wedding lasts 3-4 days.
Not just for the wedding couple, but the guests too! The great thing about destination weddings is that you get to spend 3-4 days (not just 3-4 hours) with your loved ones. It’s custom to host various events throughout the destination wedding trip, such as a welcome dinner and maybe even a catamaran excursion one day. The point is, you travel all the distance to exchange vows, so you should enjoy the destination for all it’s worth!
4. You can still take a honeymoon.
In fact, having your perfect honeymoon has never been easier! Whether you want to stay at your wedding resort for a few extra days of newlywed bliss or hop on over to another property close by to take in different scenery, it’s even easier because you’re already there. Many resorts even offer exclusive honeymoon packages and special add-ons for you to take advantage of.
5. Destination weddings are much easier than they seem!
Let’s be honest, there’s no need to be afraid of planning a destination wedding anymore. With planning services to help you every step of the way and all-inclusive destination wedding packages making sure every amenity is available, every little thing is sure to be taken care of. So kick off your shoes, err… flip-flops, and relax poolside while your dream wedding becomes a reality.
Ready to plan your dream wedding?
Wedding Travel Agents Bring Dreams To Life
We are a destination wedding travel agency based in Bedford, NH – small enough to care deeply about building lasting relationships with you, and large enough to work with couples across the country. Our Destination Wedding travel agents combine their drive for personal service and expertise with resort partnerships around the world. As a result, you are afforded an exclusive and unrivaled one-stop wedding travel agent experience. We're here solely to make it easy for you to plan an amazing destination wedding. Our destination wedding travel agents have worked with many couples like you, and hundreds of guests, to plan destination weddings that make it feel like your dreams have come to life. A Destination Wedding travel agent from Vacationisms will guide you through the destination wedding planning process and make all of the logistics much easier than trying to handle it yourself.
The best part?
Our standard services are $0!
Our no-fee destination wedding travel agent services include:
- DESTINATION SELECTION: We'll help you cut through the noise to find the best destination wedding location for you. From romantic all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean on the best beaches to the most secluded mountain top retreats, we probably have an idea up our sleeve from our first conversation. Your destination wedding travel agent can give you the inside scoop.
- WEDDING PACKAGE SELECTION: Your personal destination wedding travel agent can quickly and easily get you all of the details on the best destination wedding packages. Because we specialize in this area, it's easy for us to quickly sort through what you're looking for – because the "best" is different for everyone.
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATION: We literally do this for a living, and you can rest assured that we know the in's and out's of securing the wedding package best for you. Plus, our destination wedding travel agents have access to exclusive offers that the general public doesn't.
- ADVICE: We will help you with everything from invitation wording, to destination wedding etiquette and can assist with wedding theme brainstorming.
- TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: You will have your very own destination wedding web page with all of the important details to provide for your invitees. They can book right online, making the process easy for everyone.
- EMERGENCY TRAVEL ASSISTANCE: Should anything happen while travel, you will be able to reach a representative 24/7 to assist you quickly and easily. No hold times. No call centers. We take our clients personally, so you get us.
- ONSITE ASSISTANCE: You can choose to have your destination wedding travel agent join you to provide onsite assistance with last minute details, coordination and resolution of any issues.
- PHOTOGRAPHY, MAKE-UP & HAIR SERVICES: We work closely with a group of professionals who offer destination wedding services. We have agreements with them to make it affordable to bring in verified professionals.
My wedding travel agent saved my LIFE! I was so overwhelmed when I found Vacationisms that I wasn't even excited for my own wedding anymore. She was so patient with me and so thorough in her recommendations, it turned the entire process around. It took only a week for us to pick the perfect resort, get the contract, and get this wedding booked. She has been crazy responsive and their whole team has been there for us every step of the way.Brianna
I thought it would be a great idea to handle it myself – but I was so wrong. I called a Vacationisms destination wedding travel agent after booking our wedding myself because it took less than a month for the whole thing to become so complicated. Our destination wedding travel agent was able to take the reins on all of the minutia for me. My guests love my agent and she made it so easy for all of us. Our wedding would not have been so easy if I had continued handling it myself. These guys are the real deal.Sarah
I called before I even proposed. I knew we wanted to take the destination wedding route, but didn't know where to start. Our travel agent was so great at giving me the entire rundown on what to expect before I pulled the trigger. We pulled off the entire planning process over only a 5 month engagement – and it was seamless. I highly recommend working with Vacationisms!Tim