Whether your destination wedding will take place on a stunning beach in the heart of the Caribbean or in a charming chapel in beautiful Mexico, there are many ways to make your ceremony memorable. Although the focus will be on you and your soon-to-be spouse, you’ll likely want to make sure the fun starts before the reception. Consider our tips to make your destination wedding ceremony unforgettable.
Start with a cocktail
Although the champagne typically starts flowing after the bride and groom say “I do,” many couples are now offering their guests cocktails at the destination wedding ceremony. Offer your guests a refreshing cocktail in the shade of one of your wedding colors – not only will your guests appreciate the thought, but cocktails also make for a decorative addition to your décor. Some of your guests may not want to start the ceremony off with a cocktail though, so make sure to put out waters, sodas or juices, as well.
Having an outdoor ceremony in a tropical destination? Keep your guests cool during your destination wedding ceremony with stylish fans everyone will love. Some couples opt to make their fans double as destination wedding ceremony programs, which makes them not only useful, but decorative as well.
Do a sand ceremony
Having a beach destination wedding? Do a sand ceremony. Sand ceremonies are a unique way to show the unity of marriage by combining two colors of sand in a beautiful container.
Music makes any celebration special. Rather than use an iPod, have a steel-drum band, saxophone or guitar player. If you’re having a destination wedding in Mexico, consider having a mariachi band play – your guests will surely never forget it!
Add to the atmosphere with décor
Make your destination wedding ceremony setup memorable with delicate décor. Paper lanterns, hanging candles or starfish, ribbons and bows make beautiful additions to ceremony décor and they’re easy to pack. If you want to incorporate flowers into your event, make sure to tell your venue ahead of time so they have exactly what you’re looking for.
Ready to plan your dream wedding?
Wedding Travel Agents Bring Dreams To Life
We are a destination wedding travel agency based in Bedford, NH – small enough to care deeply about building lasting relationships with you, and large enough to work with couples across the country. Our Destination Wedding travel agents combine their drive for personal service and expertise with resort partnerships around the world. As a result, you are afforded an exclusive and unrivaled one-stop wedding travel agent experience. We're here solely to make it easy for you to plan an amazing destination wedding. Our destination wedding travel agents have worked with many couples like you, and hundreds of guests, to plan destination weddings that make it feel like your dreams have come to life. A Destination Wedding travel agent from Vacationisms will guide you through the destination wedding planning process and make all of the logistics much easier than trying to handle it yourself.
The best part?
Our standard services are $0!
Our no-fee destination wedding travel agent services include:
- DESTINATION SELECTION: We'll help you cut through the noise to find the best destination wedding location for you. From romantic all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean on the best beaches to the most secluded mountain top retreats, we probably have an idea up our sleeve from our first conversation. Your destination wedding travel agent can give you the inside scoop.
- WEDDING PACKAGE SELECTION: Your personal destination wedding travel agent can quickly and easily get you all of the details on the best destination wedding packages. Because we specialize in this area, it's easy for us to quickly sort through what you're looking for – because the "best" is different for everyone.
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATION: We literally do this for a living, and you can rest assured that we know the in's and out's of securing the wedding package best for you. Plus, our destination wedding travel agents have access to exclusive offers that the general public doesn't.
- ADVICE: We will help you with everything from invitation wording, to destination wedding etiquette and can assist with wedding theme brainstorming.
- TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: You will have your very own destination wedding web page with all of the important details to provide for your invitees. They can book right online, making the process easy for everyone.
- EMERGENCY TRAVEL ASSISTANCE: Should anything happen while travel, you will be able to reach a representative 24/7 to assist you quickly and easily. No hold times. No call centers. We take our clients personally, so you get us.
- ONSITE ASSISTANCE: You can choose to have your destination wedding travel agent join you to provide onsite assistance with last minute details, coordination and resolution of any issues.
- PHOTOGRAPHY, MAKE-UP & HAIR SERVICES: We work closely with a group of professionals who offer destination wedding services. We have agreements with them to make it affordable to bring in verified professionals.
My wedding travel agent saved my LIFE! I was so overwhelmed when I found Vacationisms that I wasn't even excited for my own wedding anymore. She was so patient with me and so thorough in her recommendations, it turned the entire process around. It took only a week for us to pick the perfect resort, get the contract, and get this wedding booked. She has been crazy responsive and their whole team has been there for us every step of the way.Brianna
I thought it would be a great idea to handle it myself – but I was so wrong. I called a Vacationisms destination wedding travel agent after booking our wedding myself because it took less than a month for the whole thing to become so complicated. Our destination wedding travel agent was able to take the reins on all of the minutia for me. My guests love my agent and she made it so easy for all of us. Our wedding would not have been so easy if I had continued handling it myself. These guys are the real deal.Sarah
I called before I even proposed. I knew we wanted to take the destination wedding route, but didn't know where to start. Our travel agent was so great at giving me the entire rundown on what to expect before I pulled the trigger. We pulled off the entire planning process over only a 5 month engagement – and it was seamless. I highly recommend working with Vacationisms!Tim