Destination weddings are steadily on the rise—20% of weddings in 2016 were destination weddings, according to a survey by the XO Group. As the average cost of a traditional ceremony and reception skyrockets, more and more couples are turning away from overpriced, run-of-the-mill weddings in favor of a personalized and surprisingly affordable destination wedding experience. If you like the idea of a relaxing destination wedding but don’t know where or how to start, we can help. This is what we do!
Here are just the top five reasons you want (and need!) us to help make your dream destination wedding an uncomplicated reality:
We know the destinations that make the most ideal wedding locations and know how to match your interests, style and the size of your group to the perfect setting. Our Destination Wedding Specialists plan excursions for groups of two to 2,000, and ensure that guests of all ages are comfortable and well-accommodated.
We produce an event that goes beyond a wedding, crafting a memorable experience for your wedding guests by connecting you with local vendors for your ceremony and entertainment needs. Our Destination Wedding Specialist travel agents can pull together a captivating combination of local events, expertise and value pricing to make your destination wedding a success. You want fire dancers on the beach in Mexico? We have that covered. How about a private catamaran sailing jaunt in St. Lucia? Yep, we’re on it.
We handle all of your guests’ travel needs (including Aunt Martha’s seemingly endless list of questions) so you’re free to focus on wedding details and of course, having fun!
We are always in your corner, and are reachable by phone, text and e-mail while you and your group are traveling. Sometimes, we even join larger wedding groups on their trip to ensure everything is smooth and seamless.
Let's Chat About Your
Vacationisms is a New Hampshire destination wedding travel agency – small enough to care deeply about building personal relationships with our clients, large enough to work with couples across the country.
By combining the drive for personal service and expertise of our Destination Wedding Specialists with our resort partnerships around the world, our destination wedding clients are afforded an exclusive and unrivaled one-stop experience. We're here solely to make it easy for you to plan an amazing destination wedding.
The best part?
Our standard services are $0!
Our destination wedding travel agents have worked with many couples and hundreds of guests to plan dream destination weddings that make it easy on the bride & groom. Our Destination Wedding Specialists will guide you through the destination wedding planning process and make all of the travel arrangements.
Destination Weddings Planned
Guests Travel Coordinated
Countries We've Planned Weddings In
Our Standard Fee
Planning & Coordination
- DESTINATION SELECTION: There are thousands of options – we'll help you cut through the noise to find the best destination wedding location for you. Whether you're looking for the most luxurious, most affordable, most popular, most serene or most exotic destination wedding location, we're here to help you find it. From all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean on the best beaches to the most secluded mountain top retreats, we probably have an idea up our sleeve from our first conversation. Our destination wedding travel agents have worked with many resort brands and can give you the inside scoop.
- WEDDING PACKAGE SELECTION: Your personal destination wedding travel agent can quickly and easily get you all of the details on the best destination wedding packages available. Because we specialize in this area, it's easy for us to quickly sort through which is the best value for what you're looking for – because the "best" is different for everyone.
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATION: We literally do this for a living, and you can rest assured they we know the in's and out's of negotiating for your best priced wedding package and highest value inclusions. Plus, we have access to exclusive offers that the general public doesn't.
- ADVICE: We will help you with everything from invitation wording, to destination wedding etiquette and can assist with wedding theme brainstorming.
- TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: You will have your very own destination wedding web page with all of the important details to provide for your invitees. They can book right online, making the entire process easy for everyone.
- EMERGENCY TRAVEL ASSISTANCE: Should anything happen while travel, you will be able to reach a representative 24/7 to assist you quickly and easily. No hold times. No call centers. We take our clients personally, so you get us.
- ONSITE ASSISTANCE: You can choose to have your destination wedding travel agent join you to provide onsite assistance with last minute details, coordination and resolution of any issues.
- PHOTOGRAPHY, MAKE-UP & HAIR SERVICES: We work closely with a group of professionals who offer destination wedding services. We have agreements with them to make it affordable to bring in verified professionals.
What Our Clients Are Saying:
Sara saved my LIFE! I was so overwhelmed when I found Vacationisms, I wasn't even excited for my own wedding anymore. She was so patient with me and so thorough in her recommendations, it turned the entire process around. It took only a week for us to pick the perfect resort, get the contract, and get this wedding booked. She has been crazy responsive and their whole team has been there for us every step of the way.Brianna
I thought it would be a great idea to handle it myself – but I was so wrong. I called Vacationisms after having booked our wedding because it took less than a month for the whole thing to become absurdly complicated. Our travel agent was able to get the wedding transferred and take over all of the minutia for me. My guests love my agent and she made it so easy for all of us. Our wedding would not have been so streamlined if I had continued handling it myself. These guys are the real deal.Sarah
I called before I even proposed. I knew we wanted to take the destination wedding route, but didn't know where to start. Our travel agent was so great at giving me the entire rundown on what to expect before I pulled the trigger. We pulled off the entire planning process over only a 5 month engagement – and it was seamless. I highly recommend working with Vacationisms!Tim
Our Favorite Destination Wedding Spots
Stretching from the coast of Florida to Venezuela, the beauty and diversity offered by the Caribbean is unparalleled. There are white sand beaches with bright turquoise waters, or black volcanic beaches with dramatic waves. World-renowned surf hubs abound, as do breathtaking snorkeling coves. You can stay at an upscale resort town or remote rainforest village. In short, Caribbean destination weddings provide a getaway for every personality and preference.
There are three constants you can expect from a trip to Mexico: good weather, friendly locals, and (of course) tequila to spare. From that starting point though, your trip is bound to be infused with plenty of local flavor and charm depending on the destination you pick. That’s the beauty of Mexico.
Few experiences on earth are more evocative of romance and tropical luxury than Hawaii weddings. Formed from under-sea volcanoes, this Pacific island chain is geographically diverse and breathtaking. The beaches here are on a logic-defying color wheel, with a palette of jet black, green, gold, red, and stark white hues painting the many coves and inlets. Whether you want to learn to surf for the first time in Waikiki or escape to a wild volcanic shore in Kauai, weddings in Hawaii will exceed your imagination and expectations.
Ready to start planning your destination wedding?
We thought so! You can drop us a quick message here to get started.